[geeks] Say you wanted to...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Apr 9 09:48:08 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 10:50:24AM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> When you get to that stage, please think about taking the drives and RAM,
> tossing them in a 4 pounds or less global express box and sending them
> my way. A Solaris supported SCSI controler would be helpfull too.

When I scrap systems, I *always* keep useful-size drives, RAM, and PCI
cards.

> I have a U5 that I don't use and no one wants. With a gig of RAM
> and better drives, it just might be usefull. :-)

I had an U5/270 that I couldn't give away a few months ago.  It even had
that ebay "VINTAGE L00K!  RARE!" case yellowing going on. 8-)

> BTW, will the RAM fit an unmodifed Tadpole 3GX? The original ones
> came with 5 volt memory (32/64m), which I think the U5/10 takes, while the
> later ones came with 3.3 volt memory (128m).

I doubt it - the U5/10 RAM is much too large of a form factor to fit in
a portable system.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford