[geeks] reputable used Mac (PB G4) dealers?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Apr 2 15:06:36 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 12:14:41PM -0700, velociraptor wrote:
> Take a look at SmallDog.  Personally, I'd feel pretty safe buying any
> used Mac that is still under extended Apple warranty, which covers the
> last models of Powerbooks and G5s.  Just make sure you can lay hands
> on it and power it up before you buy, and look up the Apple Care
> numbers (yes, it's transferrable).

Definitely SmallDog.

Avoid MacOfAllTrades; I bought a B&W G3 from them about five years ago,
and they shipped it to me with a sticker that ensured I couldn't open
the system (to add memory) without voiding the warranty.  I emailed them
about it, and they said "No, if you want to add memory, that voids the
warranty".

I said screw it, broke the sticker, added memory, and last I heard that
B&W was still working great at its 3rd or 4th owner. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas