[geeks] Bah, humbug

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Apr 2 11:27:22 CDT 2007

" From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
"
" Sandwich Maker wrote:
" >
" > they forgot to set a 'secret reserve'.  this is basically a 'get out
" > of jail free' card that they disclose to ebay but aren't apparently
" > required to disclose in their auction, or even that they have one.
" >
" > set the secret reserve high enough and they can just say sorry and
" > walk away from any deal they feel like.
"
" "secret reserve"...?  I wasn't aware such a thing existed.

my gf stumbled across it, trolling the ebay vendor info pages.  it
sounds very unfair at least if not unethical, but it was there in
black and white.