[geeks] reputable used Mac (PB G4) dealers?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sun Apr 1 20:55:57 CDT 2007

On Mar 31, 2007, at 10:22 PM, Greg Nesbitt wrote:

> I bought my first Mac (a PowerBook G4) about 6 months ago.  Life was
> good.  My wife discovered the PowerBook and now it's "hers".
>
> I need to buy another one.  A new MacBook Pro falls outside my budget.
>
> Any recommendations on used Mac dealers?  I'd rather not deal with the
> uncertainties of eBay.  PowerMax appears to have some decent deals,
> but
> I don't know what their reputation looks like.

PowerMax was fine for the used iBook I bought from them 2 years ago.
But the last time I talked to them (a month or two ago), they
couldn't do an iBook G4 (Too much software is dropping G3 support
that I'd like to get sometime) with wireless, combo drive, and at
least 512 of ram for less than the cost of a refurbished MacBook.
So, I bought the MacBook instead (from a local Mac dealer).  Both
machines were for my wife.