[geeks] Poeple misusing a domain name to send spam ...

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at pandora.be
Fri Sep 29 05:21:44 CDT 2006

der Mouse wrote:

>The only danger is that something will go wrong and the MX host and the
>backend host will have different ideas of which users are valid; that's
>the only case I can think of offhand whwere legitimate mail could be
>affected by what the backend host does with mail to (its idea of)
>nonexistent local-parts.

That's what I'm afraid of  as I can't check the  sendmail config file
for that server I prefer to just reject all mail
sent to non existant users on that domain to avoid possible problems....
becuase if  legit mail gets lost I'll have a
serious problem becuase I use that email server for my more private
emails sush as financial data who I don't want
to go to my european server because of the new ISP legislation that
forces the ISP to keep a record of all email
adresses I comunicate with...So therefore I have rented a hosting server
outside the e.u. so those records are kept
private.

Michael

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of mvergall.vcf]