[geeks] HD/IDE question

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Sep 27 00:32:48 CDT 2006

Tue, 26 Sep 2006 @ 20:06 -0400, Sridhar Ayengar said:

> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > True, and when I get the $500 or so for a file server, I might do
> > that...
> >
> > I've been planning for it for years, but my wallet fails to comply!
>
> $500!?  My file server's hard drive array cost more than that, and it is
> made up of all used drives.

Well, I don't need to store a whole lot of data (I'm not into video
archiving and other big things yet).  Would be nice, but I don't need
it, at least not at first.

Of course, one thing that would bring up the costs even if I used SATA
is a hot-swap drive bay.  They are expensive, even for cheap ones.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." --
Unknown]