[geeks] HD/IDE question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 26 20:09:08 CDT 2006

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2006/09/26 Tue PM 06:44:19 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] HD/IDE question

>Tue, 26 Sep 2006 @ 11:13 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:
>
>How come your email comes across in multi-hundred character lines?

Because your mail client doesn't break them up. I don't impose a line limit on my emails, I defer to your choosen mail client, window, size, etc...

<snip>

>True, and when I get the $500 or so for a file server, I might do
>that...
>
>I've been planning for it for years, but my wallet fails to comply!

I know the feeling...

I am putting together a system now - just got 4x 250 Gig SATA drives and I have a nice chip for the MB, but my "inherited" RAID card isn't supported by the MB, and I can't decide if I should get a new MB or a new RAID card...

Lionel