[geeks] Solaris 10 networking is giving me fits

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 22 23:57:30 CDT 2006

Fri, 22 Sep 2006 @ 22:37 +0100, Mike Meredith said:

> Well, playing devil's advocate ...
>
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:07:06 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > I think it was the Circuit City UNIX test I took that asked me what
> > kind of garbage collection algorithm the C library malloc() routine
> > used.
>
> Oooh! Evil enough for me to like (one ex-contractor I interviewed later
> told me that my questions were the toughest he'd ever faced). Of course
> the notes for that question to the interview panel would read something
> like  "Does this candidate have the chutzpah to tell us our question is
> bogus (good), say 'don't know' (ok), or try to waffle through (tell him
> the door is that way)".

Um, no, most certainly not.

When I tried to tell them the test had errors, I just got a stepford
wife smile and the tester asked me if I was done yet.

I *did* tell the IT guy, and it was obvious he knew it.  That's when he
started talking to me about the negatives of the shop.  He was the only
one who didn't give me a "streets of gold" view of the place.

Leave it up to the head geek to be honest... :)

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [governorrhea: a contagious disease that
spreads from the governor of a state downward through other offices and his