[geeks] Solaris 10 networking is giving me fits

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Tue Sep 19 00:05:59 CDT 2006

On Sep 18, 2006, at 17:32, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> As I read the original posting, he built up the box without
> specifying any networking, then they original poster wanted to
> configure networking (as I read it, the machine is nowhere near
> being in use yet)...

This is correct. Before it goes into "production" (in this case,
hosting various vanity domains :P), I'll probably wipe it again and
reinstall. I may be giving sys-unconfig a try soon, if all else fails.

As a tangent, I figured our part of the DHCP thing. Apparently, on
this network, the wireless network (which my laptop is a part of)
hands out 192.168.1 addresses, while the wired network (with the T1)
hands out 192.168.0 addresses. I assumed that they were not separate
networks - a foolish assumption, in this case.

Now, I still haven't figured out why the wired *won't* work. But I'm
working on it.

  - Micah