[geeks] FYI - great HP printer tech support page

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 22 14:26:38 CDT 2006

Thu, 21 Sep 2006 @ 08:54 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

> Hello all,
>
> I wanted to share with folks a nice HP printer tech support site -
> just by browsing their pages Iwas able to learn how to do a cold reset
> that allowed me to "rescue" a Jetdirect 600N (J3113A) that was set to
> an odd IP configuration.

[ snip ]

So far, I've had good luck with HP technical information and support.

There are a lot of things they do I don't like, but I do usually find
what I need from them, either on their website or by calling them.

I like that they keep computer manuals online for years and will still
talk about them.

They also have gotten better about supporting their printers on Linux
and BSD systems.

Of course, I'm talking about laser printer support.

They might not be so hot for inkjet support, I don't know.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." --
Unknown]