[geeks] Lens problem

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Sep 19 17:06:33 CDT 2006

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> I have a Pioneer CD changer which I've just gotten out of storage after
> a year and a half of non-use and two moves.  It has a slight problem:
> it loads CDs, but won't play them.  I've been able to trace this to a
> specific mechanical failure:  The focusing lens for the laser has come
> adrift.  I have the lens, and both it and the head appear undamaged.

Actually ... updating, reattaching the lens was easy enough with a
couple of tiny drops of cyanoacrylate.  However, that seems to have been
a symptom rather than a cause.  The spindle motor still does not start
(and in fact receives no power).

Short of a complete schematic, a service manual and a logic analyzer, I
think I'm probably SOL on this one.

--
 Same geek, same site, new location