[geeks] Vista is a job creator...

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Sep 19 09:43:11 CDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 09:19:30AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> >From: Micah R Ledbetter <vlack-lists at vlack.com>
> >Date: 2006/09/18 Mon PM 06:23:40 CDT
> >To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> >Subject: Re: [geeks] Vista is a job creator...
>
> >On Sep 18, 2006, at 17:59, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> >> In electronic stores now I'm seeing encrypted video cables, and
> >> they are
> >> being sold on all kinds of end-user benefits, with almost no
> >> mention at
> >> all of the restrictions that come with them.
> >
> >What the hell is an "encrypted video cable"?
>
> My guess - a cable with a secret combination of pre-wired pins that
> are considered part of the media protection scheme, making
> reverse-engineering a legal problem (since to do so would require
> "breaking" a protection scheme, which, as we all know, is a
> crime!)...

Could be, but what is this new undocumented pin out cable?  All I see in
the stores are analog cables, DVI cables, and HDMI cables, and I know
I've seen documentation for each of them.  I may be slow though.  I try
to keep up.  Is HDMI being replaced with something newer and more
secretive?

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net