[geeks] Vista is a job creator...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Sep 18 23:43:58 CDT 2006

Mon, 18 Sep 2006 @ 18:23 -0500, Micah R Ledbetter said:

> On Sep 18, 2006, at 17:59, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > In electronic stores now I'm seeing encrypted video cables, and
> > they are
> > being sold on all kinds of end-user benefits, with almost no
> > mention at
> > all of the restrictions that come with them.
>
> What the hell is an "encrypted video cable"?

A video cable that only transmits encrypted video data.

If you try to use an unencrypted cable with newer data storage (like
Bluray) and new formats, you'll get video degraded back to early DVD
quality, even if you have an HD television.

Yeah, even if you make a legal copy, etc.

It's the latest thing done "for the best interests of consumers" that
ends up screwing all of us and whittling away at our rights even outside
just video data.

Big Brother is a persistent son-of-a-bitch... :)

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Consulting wouldn't be what it is today
without Microsoft Windows" -- Chris Pinkham]