[geeks] Vista is a job creator...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 18 15:35:46 CDT 2006

>From: Bryan Fullerton <fehwalker at gmail.com>
>Date: 2006/09/18 Mon AM 11:43:56 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Vista is a job creator...

>On 9/17/06, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
>> I played with it for a couple of days, and went right back to XP (in
>> "Windows Classic" theme mode).  I just don't care for the eye candy that
>> requires a massive graphics card to run.
>
>It will be interesting to see what happens if most businesses agree with you.
>
>I wonder what adoption projections Microsoft is using for Vista, and
>if they're realistic.

Well, I've played with it a bit more than Mr. Bill (about a month as my main desktop), and to be honest I see no _obvious_ compelling reason to upgrade, but I use it simply as a desktop box, nothing exciting...

I've yet to try the RC1 version (I'm still using Beta Release 2, 32-bit version), but I think the real motivations will be  (in the following order):

 - Exciting articles in trade/news magazines extoling the improved performance of Vista

 - Exciting articles in trade/news magazines extoling the improved security of Vista

 - It's going to come on all the new PCs ordered after January (including the CEO/CIOs teenage son's new computer)

And finally, because it will provide plausable cover for buying expensive game-oriented video cards for slacker/MS Admin desktops, suitable for latest FPS-type games.

Lionel