[geeks] Solaris 10 networking is giving me fits

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 09:15:42 CDT 2006

On 9/18/06, Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net> wrote:
> On Sep 18, 2006, at 2:12 AM, Micah R Ledbetter wrote:
>
> Did you try "ifconfig hme1 plumb" ?  Then do the svcadm restart command.

'unplumb' will take down the interface and remove all settings.

Not sure about the DHCP issue, haven't used DHCP on Solaris.

As for listing things controlled by 'svcadm' there are some other
service manager commands (e.g. svcs).  You might want to download Sys
Admin books from docs.sun.com:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/coll/47.16

You will want to look at Chapt. 15 in Basic Administration to start
with.  There's probably more in the Advanced book on the SMF as well.

HTH, I know I am still trying to wrap my brain around this stuff.  I
never did figure out how to convince a Solaris V20z x86 box using grub
to boot in single user mode...and now I don't have any to work on.

=Nadine=