[geeks] Broken Ipod Repair

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 23:39:18 CDT 2006

So, I was replacing the battery in my Ipod Mini 1st generation and
managed to sever the cable  to the click wheel while trying to put it
back in the case.

The prices on eBay are exorbitant, they want $50 for a wheel and
nobody seems to be buying them.

I took apart the wheel, and it appears I only need the molex cable
assembly which includes the center push button switch. I wonder if
Apple would sell me that part and what they would ask for it. I
suppose I shall call them in the morning.

In any case, anyone have a broken Ipod or any idea how to repair a
severed ribbon cable?

-- Aaron