[geeks] Samsung 204B flat panel

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Sep 11 13:47:51 CDT 2006

Mon, 11 Sep 2006 @ 14:15 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix said:

> I can't find a reference to anything Linytron before the line of TVs by
> the same name in the mid 1980s.

I finally found something: an ad for Linytron in 1972 featuring a
football player, whose name I forget.

They even have details of the tube in the ad.

Trinitron is a linear RGB layout like an LCD using a vertical aperature
and a single gun.

Linytron is an alternating row RBG layout using a full grid and I'm also
pretty sure it uses three guns.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["People should have access to the data which
you have about them.  There should be a process for them to challenge any