[geeks] I love it when software gets more efficient

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Sun Sep 10 01:41:58 CDT 2006

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 19:02:12 -0500, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> AD group policies allow you to (among many other things):

I'm not sure the "AD" is necessary above ... work uses Windows group
policies and we definitely don't do AD. Given the amount of alcohol
consumed, and the amount of head banging against walls that goes on with
that part of the team, I'm glad I'm not involved except for ...

> > Not all Windows applications use things like network settings and
> > other managed resources, so how do you handle them?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'network settings' here, but some settings
... specifically proxy settings can be set via dhcp and end up being
adhered to by most (if not all) applications under Windows ... including
malware!