[geeks] I love it when software gets more efficient

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Sep 8 03:57:11 CDT 2006

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 21:39:05 -0400
Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:

> Awhile back the Mozilla project made a lot of noise about Firefox and
> Thunderbird, wanting everyone to switch.
>
> One of the big benefits was to be that as separate applications they
> would be more memory efficient.
Laughable. Firefox is as big, fat, bloated, CPU and memory eating as
Mozilla. If not worse.

I don't use Thunderbird. I am surely not going to use a MUA written by
the same bloateware coders that are guilty for Mozilla / Firefox. There
are alternatives, Sylpheed in my case. Unfortunately there is no
alternative web browser.

Hmm, well. Konquerror gets closer. But it is part of an other
bloatware...
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen