[geeks] Irony...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Sep 3 19:26:46 CDT 2006

>From this link:

	http://www.wired.com/news/mp3/0,1285,51719,00.html

...you can see a quote of Hilary Rosen, which is the very defintion of
accidental irony.

	"If only they would devote a little bit of the millions of dollars
	they're spending on this ad campaign to help stop illegal
	downloading ... but that wouldn't help them sell more CD burners,
	would it," said Hilary Rosen, CEO of the Recording Industry
	Association of America.

Someone remind me how much the RIAA spends on everything except music
again?

This is from 2002 BTW, but I had missed this one and think it is one of
the best quotations of Rosen I've seen.

When she blatantly stomps on the ideology of copyright, creation, and
music, it just makes me sick, but this one is actually funny.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There are nowadays professors of
philosophy, but not philosophers." ]