[geeks] ultralight suicide mission

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 30 19:19:51 CST 2006

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2006/10/30 Mon PM 03:36:44 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] ultralight suicide mission

>This looks like fun:
>
>http://canyonrunners.org/

Why, do you want to be on "America's Funniest Home Videos"? Seriously though, it does look like it could be fun, if you can stop screaming "Oh S&#T!"...

One thing that always creeped me out was the (I'll get the name wrong) HALO jumpers from the 50's or 60's - they'd go up, up and away attached to a big helium balloon, to the edge of the atmosphere and then just "step off" and fall, deploying their parachute at just the right moment. Eek.

Lionel