[geeks] what's a good soldering iron

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 30 15:46:36 CST 2006

>From: Kevin <kevin at pipeline.com>
>Date: 2006/10/30 Mon PM 01:53:01 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] what's a good soldering iron

>That settles it then, i'm going with the WTCPT.
>
>I've been considering that Apple 1 kit lately, so that should
>give me a good excuse to go for it, gotta test out the new
>iron :)

I built mine (Apple 1 replica) with the $10 Radio Shack soldering iron, and it went together quickly with no problems... There aren;t that many soldering connections on that kit, as I recall - I built it in two sittings, mainly because I refused to push myself to complete it in one sitting (and make the inevitable mistakes from being tired).

Lionel