[geeks] encrypted video cable?

Mon Oct 30 10:44:24 CST 2006

> For a current look at that: did you guys know that many PDF files
> online cause your PDF viewer to phone home whenever you read the
> document?

No, and I don't believe it, either.  If they do, I have a bug to
(report and) fix in GhostScript.

> If you run Adobe Reader, the first thing you should do is...

...replace it with something that behaves civilizedly. :-~

Contrary to what most PDF-providing sites would have you believe, Adobe
software is not necessary to read PDFs.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca