[geeks] Solaris 10 U2 Sparc Problem.... openssl linkage to pkgadd.

Miichael Vergalen mvergall at telenet.be
Thu Oct 26 08:54:31 CDT 2006

Hi,

I've just come across a small problem with solaris 10 that I couldn't
report to sun because I don't have a contract nr...the problem quite
minor but can couse a lot of havoc on a system. Namely if you try to
update openssl from the 0.9.7 to 0.9.8d and think you can just uninstall
the openssh packages suplied by sun becuase the are in a so called non
vital directory /usr/sfw/  it breaks pkgadd becuase pkgadd is dynamicly
linked to the openssl-library package. I personaly think that
openssl-library should then either be placed in /usr/lib or be linked
staticly to pkgadd. I've managed to recover the system by removing all
the zones and rcovering from tape backup but I think it should not be
happening.

Could someone please send this on to sun ...

Michael

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of mvergall.vcf]