[geeks] Jericho

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Oct 25 13:20:39 CDT 2006

Thanks to Bill's urging, I just watched the first three episodes of Jericho.

It's pretty good. It seems to me to be BSG with higher tech.*
BSG has prettier enemies. :-)

Jericho itself looks like northern Israel, except in much better shape.

I like that the "survivalist" is not portrayed as a raving lunatic who
only comes out of his shelter to attend Klan rallies.

* one thing I find amusing about BSG is that although they have had
faster than light drive for at least 2,000 years, maybe as much as 10,000,
their level of the other technology is firmly fixed in pre-millenium
 earth.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838