[geeks] electric cars

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Tue Oct 24 07:47:08 CDT 2006

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 06:34:11AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> Fair enough - the trailer looks like a Michael Moore trailer, that was
>> all I was really commenting on. If this film were to be in a theater
>> near me I'd probably go see it, but I would have my BS-deflector shields
>> on "High".
>
> Do people actually go to theaters to see movies these days? My friends who
> do go complain that the people talk, answer their phone, refuse to shut
> up when asked politely, the ushers do nothing, and the surround sound is
> so loud, that not only can you hear it but you can her the other theaters
> on each side.
>
> Here it's even worse. :-(
>
> Geoff.

Perhaps it depends on where you live.  All of my 'bad movie' experiences
(aside from the movie itself, I'm looking at you 'Alexander') date from
when I lived in Dallas, now four years ago.  Since relocating to
medium-small town Wisconsin I can't think of any problems like that.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Remember.
But move forward, too. Light a candle, yes. But also drive a rivet.
~Lileks