[geeks] electric cars

Mon Oct 23 23:19:35 CDT 2006

> can't beat a steel wheel on a steel rail for low rolling friction...

Well, you could go maglev and have *no* _rolling_ friction (and very
low train<->support friction, lower even than steel wheel on steel
rail).  (Of course, maglev has other problems.  But reducing friction
is one thing it does spectacularly well.)

> we could reduce fuel usage by using more trains and fewer trucks -
> but the rail infrastructure has been wasting away while we build more
> roads with taxpayer money.

Welcome to North America. :-~

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign