[geeks] bridging networks with wireless

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 14:06:13 CDT 2006

On 10/23/06, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> I meant to ask... those WAN routers that say they will also function as
> an extender or additional access point... will they also work as a
> bridge?
>
> Sometimes you can find them cheaper than the ones that say "wireless
> bridge" on the box.

Depends on the model.  I'd poke around broadband forums and the like
if you have a model in mind.  The Linksys WRT54X will, but iirc, they
will only act as a bridge and not bridge+WAP (either/or situation).
And, I believe only one ethernet port is active when it's in the
bridge configuration.

=Nadine=