[geeks] electric cars

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Oct 23 10:16:18 CDT 2006

" From: Phil Brutsche <phil at tux.obix.com>
"
" Dan Duncan wrote:
" > Running diesel cars on used french fry oil is fine when it's a few people
" > doing it, but there's only so much french fry oil.

this is a source of false biodiesel economics too - many claims of
cost savings are based on -free- waste fryer oil.

" It can be a bad idea in more way than one:
"
" * if enough people do it the g-man says "where's my tax money?". I think
" some folks in the UK have gone through that...

yes, they have.  they're claiming that since they're making their own
fuel it shouldn't be taxable...

" * french-fry oil might be OK in indirect injection or mechanical
" injection (or electronically-controlled mechanical injection) setups but
" it wreaks havoc on modern stuff with a common-rail fuel system. There
" are some things you just shouldn't pressurize to 22,000+ PSI

what's the difficulty?  i haven't seen anything in my trolls of
biodiesel sites.