[geeks] engage your cloaking devices!

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri Oct 20 10:58:21 CDT 2006

Michael Parson wrote:
>>From what I understood from the article, this has more of an application
> in radar stealth than anything else, which is highly applicable.

Radar stealth would be a great application, yes -- assuming they can
make it work with multiple radar frequencies at once, and make it
"cloak" the metamaterial as well as whatever's inside it.  The trouble
right now with using metamaterials to hide things is that after you hide
the object by surrounding it with metamaterial, you have to hide the
metamaterial too ....

--
 Same geek, same site, new location