[geeks] engage your cloaking devices!

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Fri Oct 20 09:57:27 CDT 2006

> > But, unfortunately, of no discernible practical use.
>
> Neither were the first transistors...:)

My brother served in the US Navy Submarine Service at the time the first
transistors were introduced. The Navy would buy re-designed systems and
modules just because they had a transistor. One he remembered mounted
the transistor outside the system on a block of Lucite (clear hard
plastic) with ceramic standoffs just so everyone could gaze at it and go
"Ooooooh". He knew the system and couldn't find any reason it should
even have the transistor.

 -James
If you see the tree as you hit it, it's called understeer, if you only
hear the tree as you hit it, it's called oversteer.