[geeks] Solar Panels on residence - anyone?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 18 20:33:54 CDT 2006

Hello all,

In NJ they have a "rebate" program that will pay up to 70% of the cost of a 10 KW (or less) solar panel array on a residence, and I'm thinking about doing something like this on my house. Anyone done something similar, or know someone that has?

I believe that would go along way towards me justifying running servers 24x7...

In short, they mount a huge array of photovoltaic cells on the roof, and install some elaborate electronics to manage the flow of electricity into the house (or back on to the power grid for a rebate?).

http://www.njcep.com/ - NJ Clean Energy Program website

http://www.advancedsolarproducts.com/ - a local vendor, they have pics of some local installs...

Lionel