[geeks] Princeton University Surplus Haul (small stuff)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 18 12:29:59 CDT 2006

Hello all,

Just wanted to mention I got an SGI O2+ (in Purple!) w/512 Meg RAM, a DVD-ROM, and a 300 MHz CPU, but no HD or HD/tray - anyone have a lead on suitable HD tray for reasonable $$? (system was $5 ;^)

Also got another Octane (to add to my two previous Octanes), this one was $5 as well, but no HDs (previous systems had t drives each, so I've got trays for it)...

I also picked up three elements from a older compute cluster - Big, Full ATX cases with dual 933 Xeon CPUs (PIII class), one has a gig of RAM, the other two have no RAM, and a strange network card (like a wide, squat RJ-45 connector). The one with RAM also has 5 SCSI hot-swap HD trays, the others have none. Each was $5 ;^)

Finally, a PIII 933 MHz SFF PC with 256 Meg RAM and an 80 gig HD for about $50.

Nice haul, but I have no ideas on the ultimate fate for the SGIs (esp. since I don't have a recent IRIX distribution to install on them)...

Lionel