[geeks] Samsung 204B flat panel

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 01:58:26 CDT 2006

On 11 Sep 2006, at 01:02, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> I was browsing Best Buy today and made an impulsive purchase.  I got a
> Samsung SyncMaster 204B flat panel, 20.1", 1600x1200.
>
> I was pretty worried about doing it after years of Sony's beatiful
> Trinitron CRTs, but I'm glad I did it.

I use a Syncmaster 730bf as my main desktop monitor and am also very
impressed with the clarity, and sharpness, of the picture. The
backlight is pretty damn bright too, even knocks my 15" iMac G4 into
touch.

I used to have a 17" LG panel (analogue only) but it died on me and
went back under warranty (I used the money from the refund to buy one
with DVI). The A=>D hardware on the Samsung is greatly more tolerant
of slightly odd modes than the LG ever was, though still not quite
tolerant enough for some of my Amiga's slightly strange RTG modes,
but hey! Suffice to say it works with most analogue signals I have
thrown at it. My Ultra 60 dropped straight to 1280x1024 as soon as I
hooked it up.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>
68kMac.org:
<http://www.68kmac.org>

"Introducing Macintosh Classic II - pick one out on your way past the
trash!"