[geeks] UK geeks with DVRs?

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Wed Oct 11 20:20:49 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 10:49:31PM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 08:36:31PM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:49:02 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> > > Obviously you've never seen the U.S. version of "Coupling".
> >
> > Well, no. But I don't understand your point ... was the US one good,
> > bad, or what?
>
> What. So far the only sitcom that has ever crossed the Atlantic and survived
> was "The Office", and I personally hated both versions. Coupling was not bad,
One UK show that I've found worth watching (from someone who lives
outside the UK)  was "The IT crowd". To quote the official website at
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/I/itcrowd/

"Because The Office was successful, everyone thinks they have to do
stuff on location with a shaky camera, naturalistic performances, and
very black humour. And I always think that if everybody's doing one
thing, it's probably an idea to do the exact opposite."...

Sounds like something to recommend to those who hate "the office"...

Cheers,
Jonathan.