[geeks] UK geeks with DVRs?

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed Oct 11 13:15:40 CDT 2006

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:35:49 -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I'll loose man points for this,

No you don't lose man points for this ... more like you gain them for
being 'man enough' to admit to it :)

> but Trinny and Susannah were doing
> "What Not To Wear" on BBC4, and they moved from BBC to ITV for their
> new show.

So that's where they went ... I occasionally had it on in the background
whilst waiting for something more to my taste to start.

> I *hate* the "US version" of WNTW, and the wife and I are addicted to
> the original proper UK version.  We're not interested in watching the

I would say it's funny how 'localising' successful shows so often
doesn't work, but I suppose those who are any good at making TV would
prefer to do something original. The only 'localised' show (and I think
it was more an accidental similarity rather than an intentional UK
version of a US show) I can think of that's better than the original is
BBCs "Coupling" which is a cruder and funnier version of "Friends".

Of course I'm a crude sort of person :)

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  One test is worth a thousand opinions.