[geeks] UPS batteries

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Oct 11 09:44:41 CDT 2006

Wed, 11 Oct 2006 @ 15:53 +0200, Arno Kletzander said:

> BTW I don't have the user's manual, and the installation manual only
> tells me that pressing the standby button puts the UPS in "standby
> mode" (power is disconnected from the load, green "mains" LED is
> blinking, battery is being charged as necessary). This works, but the
> UPS fan keeps running nevertheless - is that normal? It stayed that
> way for quite some time (a good deal longer than the 24h the manual
> gives for a 100% charge), so I suppose it's not only while it's
> charging its batteries?

A T1000 should be about the same as a T2000, and I have one of those
with the manual.  The manual says it covers the T1000.

The LEDs are numbered 1-16, starting at the upper left and going down in
rows, and then 16 at the bottom:

		1		6		11
		2		7		12
		3		8		13
		4		9		14
		5		10		15
				16

If number five is what you mean (under the "mains" icon), then blinking
green means you have a site wiring fault.  For example, your A/C wiring
has positive and negative backwards, or you have improper grounding.

That's definitely not good.

If your batteries took more than 24 hours to charge, they could be
failing or beginning to fail.

Press the bottom most button, the one that has a speaker icon on it,
andn hold it for three seconds.  This will start a self-test on the UPS.
If the batteries are bad it should turn LED #10 red.

There is also a configuration mode for this UPS where you can set input
and output voltage, and all kinds of other stuff.  You might even have
the unit configured wrong.

Let me see if I can find my PDF version and I'll post here if I find it.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["All of us get lost in the darkness,
dreamers turn to look at the stars" -- Rush ]