[geeks] Are there any USB wifi adapters that use the Apple Airport driver?

John Francini francini at mac.com
Mon Oct 9 14:50:33 CDT 2006

Correct.

You'd need to get the real thing in order to control it with the
AirPort menu item or control panel.

If it's for an older Mac that doesn't support Airport Extreme, the
reason they're expensive is that Apple's discontinued making them
large-scale. They still make them for the repair market.  Any that
are left out there are either unsold existing stock, re-purposed
repair parts stock, or pulls.

John