[geeks] provisional patent application

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Mon Oct 2 14:20:49 CDT 2006

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 19:15:16 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> Pretty much, but it really depends upon the product. GDP is almost
> a meaningless number when it comes to disposable income.

Pretty much, although places with large GDPs tend to have at least some
people with large disposable incomes.

> As examples, if the GDP of the U.S. is larger than China, but China
> has (off the top of my head) 3 times the population of the U.S., it's
> a very poort country.

... with a very wealthy elite. The market for consumer goods (including
"high tech toys") is quite large ... not on the same scale as US or
Europe of course.

> As for "high tech", the U.S. and the U.K. populations are heavily
> "leveraged" with high consumer debt, little or no savings, and a heavy
> appetite for "toys".
>
> The French on the other hand have relativly consumer debt, large
> savings, and buy far less toys.

Interestingly enough, I've seen a report indicating that "continental
Europe" (so a UK one) indicating that the rest of Europe is slowly
becoming addicted to consumer debt.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  'A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds'