[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Thu Mar 30 10:45:18 CST 2006

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:32:56 -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> As an interesting side note, one side effect of the British gun ban
> has been to create a new business:  underground gun rentals for crime.

I'm pretty sure that isn't new ... I heard rumours about such a service
from a certain Southampton pub nearly 20 years ago. The rumours might
have been wrong but the fact they existed indicates the service had been
thought of. Probably somewhat more widespread these days though.

> that it can't be traced.  Welch on it, and you'll never rent another
> again.

Possibly kind of risky to annoy an illegal arms dealer too!