[geeks] Macitude

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Mar 29 17:59:07 CST 2006

velociraptor wrote:
> On 3/29/06, Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> wrote:
>>Remember, this is MacOX 9.1.5, not OSX.  It has no mount, no sudo, etc,
>>etc.
>
> I meant to ask for a clarification on that.  I'd think you *should* be
> able to put an AppleScript in the startup folder before the Panel
> interface and have it mount all the virtual drives.  You wouldn't be
> able to one-off the mounts, though, due to Panel already running.

That might work, provided it leaves them mounted once mounted.  In fact,
one of the things I've been intending to do is see if I can get the
images premounted before anyone logs in.  I'm just not sure of the best
way to go about it.

Of course, I don't suppose there's any chance something as simple as
just putting aliases to the images into the startup folder might
work....?  I'll have to try it and see.