[geeks] Macitude

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 16:57:09 CST 2006

On 3/29/06, Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> William Enestvedt wrote:
> > You can have an AppleScript whose contents are, essentially, "run my
> > shell script," up to and including `sudo` and `mount` and others.
> >
> >    However, I wrote an AppleScript last year that only ran a shell
> > script which launched a Java-based client for our backup software
> > (CommVault Galaxy), so I know it can be done.
>
> Remember, this is MacOX 9.1.5, not OSX.  It has no mount, no sudo, etc,
etc.

I meant to ask for a clarification on that.  I'd think you *should* be
able to put an AppleScript in the startup folder before the Panel
interface and have it mount all the virtual drives.  You wouldn't be
able to one-off the mounts, though, due to Panel already running.

Startup items are run in alpha order; special chars can be used to
force things to the top of the list (this is how we controlled
extension loading in the bad old days before the Extension Mgr.
control panel).

=Nadine=