[geeks] Macitude

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Wed Mar 29 16:27:48 CST 2006

> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
> This kinda crap is part of why I've always hated Macs.

That's not a fair assesment of the situation.  You should blame the copy
protection scheme, where the fault lies,  And if you think it's bad that
you have to mount disc images on the Mac, how about on the PC where copy
protection schemes such as StarForce not only run as drivers in Ring 0 and
intercept drive I/O but also prevent the use of debuggers or drive image
mounters from even running, which cause all sorts of problems!  Never mind
the games they play with CD formats and using intentional errors in the
subchannels of the CD (and other low-level games) that not only make it
difficult to make copies but also cause problems on some CD drives.

- Nate