[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Mar 28 07:16:32 CST 2006

Dan Sikorski wrote:
> The horror stories i've heard were all from several years ago and from
> people who tried to be cheap about where they had it done.  There are
> some things that are worth the money to have done by the best in the
> buisness, and i would consider this one of them.

Yup.  There's a lot of cheap and cheerful lasik mills out there.  As I
said, here in Nude Hamster we're actually only a few hours drive from
the clinic that invented the process and has been refining it ever since.

> If i needed crutches to walk, i would have surgury on my legs to walk
> without them.  Even if it meant a 1% chance of failure.

SOOOOOOO been there, done that.  More surgery expected soom.  We'restill
trying to find something that works, and my knees are breaking down now
from traumatic arthritis too.  :(