[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue Mar 28 06:27:01 CST 2006

Bill Bradford wrote:

>I've heard too many horror stories about bad LASIK procedures and
>side/after-effects to trust my vision to some dude with a laser.
>
>I've worn glasses for years, and they're not that much of a hassle
>for me..

The horror stories i've heard were all from several years ago and from
people who tried to be cheap about where they had it done.  There are
some things that are worth the money to have done by the best in the
buisness, and i would consider this one of them.

If i needed crutches to walk, i would have surgury on my legs to walk
without them.  Even if it meant a 1% chance of failure.  My glasses are
nothing but crutches for my eyes.  Sure, there are a lot of people who
get used to living in wheel chairs or using crutches for the rest of
their life, but why should i be one of them if there is an effective fix?

    -Dan