[geeks] Opinions on the HP C3x00?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Mar 27 18:56:02 CST 2006

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> The MPAA controls content creation tools?

No, but Abode has nearly a monopoly on the consumer/prosumer market for
content creation.  They like to play ball with the MPAA.

> That's news to me.  See that there is a growing volume of tools on
> linux, I don't see how the MPAA is likely to have much effect there.

Ah, and they account for how much market share?  0.1% on a particularly
optimistic day?

> Despite Apple's alleged use of TPM to keep their OS off of clone PCs,

There's no allegation to it.  The module exists in the system, and it's
being used in that fashion.  That's as nicey-nicey as it'll ever get,
and it'd be naive to imagine that the greedy suits in the content-
creation won't demand that little chip be used for more.

--
Jonathan Patschke     )       Apple MacBook Pro
Elgin, TX            (     Now with Intel Core Duo