[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 27 16:18:21 CST 2006

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: Mon Mar 27 14:46:36 CST 2006
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

>Mon, 27 Mar 2006 @ 06:47 +0200, sammy ominsky said:
>
>> > Exactly what do people think happens to nations whose people are
>> > either unwilling or unable to defend themselves?
>>
>> Isn't that what the UN is for?
>
>You are joking, right?

I would certainly hope so... In my experience (mostly gained from sitting on the couch and popular media outlets), the UN is a pure "after the fact" organization - they do not defend, they "peace keep", and in the places they are most-likely deployed, they are confined to acting in a very quaint and proper manner, much to the delight of their opponents...

I don't know, maybe I've seen too many films about Rhawanda (sp?) in the past year to have a favorable opinion of their mission.