[geeks] Opinions on the HP C3x00?

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Mon Mar 27 16:00:30 CST 2006

> On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 03:03:31PM -0500, nate at portents.com wrote:
>
>> I also have a 200Mhz R4400 SGI Indy, which now appears to be fully
>> supported (including framebuffer!) by NetBSD and Linux (though not the
>
> All frame buffers, or only the 2D ones?

Only 2D ones.  From http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sgimips/ -

* On-board framebuffer on Indy (newport)
* On-board framebuffer on Indigo (grtwo)

> There appears to be a lot of work on Linux on the Octane, including some
> support of SI graphics for acceleration.

So there is some 3D acceleration support by an open source OS on a
workstation?  I was beginning to give up hope.  Is there any sort of
comprehensive list out there that describes what workstations 3D graphics
cards are supported by an open source OS?

- Nate