[geeks] Opinions on the HP C3x00?

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Mon Mar 27 13:04:08 CST 2006

Anyone have experience or opinions on the HP C3x00 PA-8700 class
workstations?  How's the FX10 graphics card perform relative to cards
these days?

I don't have any HP-UX experience, or a machine dedicated to running Linux
other than a PC running MythTV on Ubuntu I put together, and I was
wondering if that class of PA-RISC workstations would be good to tinker
with... though it looks like they could draw a lot of power from the wall,
judging by the "805W max power input" rating.  And what type of memory is
"278-pin 120MHz ECC SDRAM DIMM"?

- Nate