[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Mar 27 00:21:31 CST 2006

Mon, 27 Mar 2006 @ 14:54 +1100, Chris Petrov said:

> Can't say that I disagree in general apart from the fact it seems to
> be an awful lot of people (certainly compared to other industrialized
> countries)

Keep in mind, other countries often have a habit of lying about their
stats.

The US is one of the most open and honest countries in the world.

> and that the suicide stat seems particularly alarming
> given that it's generally accepted that someone who does is of
> unsound mind.

Take guns away and they'll just find another way.

Or, they'll aquire a gun when they decide to off themselves.

Make guns illegal, and organized crime will start manufacturing them,
and that's where the suicide will get his gun.

The whole idea of gun control is completely stupid.

Everything that has ever been banned has generally made organized crime rich,
crime rates go up, and made aquiring the banned item only slightly more
difficult than normal.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We have nothing to prove" -- Alan Dawkins]